Add a Webnode website to Google Search Engine
We’re all familiar with Google search engine, and it’s not necessary to introduce it in any way.
Search engines roam web pages regularly, and when they find a new site, they automatically add it to their search results. If your site is new and no other sites are link to yours page, Google may not find your site.
The best solution is to speed up this process and alert the search engine to the existence of your new site.
An excellent way is to use Google Search Console (formerly Google Webmaster Tools) to ensure automatic site indexing in the search engine. The service is completely free and i definitely recommend you to use it.
You need to have an account with Google to use this service. If you are not already registered with Google, you can easily create your account here.
1. Register for free in Google Seach Console respectively sign in by clicking “Search Console“
2. Once you have successfully logged in, enter the URL of your website and click “Add Property“.
3. Select Alternative Methods and click on HTML Markup. You will see the verification code that you copy.
4. Open editing your Webnode website. Click “Pages” in upper bar and select the homepage and SEO page setup.
5. Insert a verification code from Google into the header HTML code box.
6. Publish changes.
7. In Google Search Console, click Verify.
8. Excellent – you’ve successfully verified your site.
And what next? Sitemap!
Google Search Console offers great tools to manage your website.
Login and try out what this service can do. 🙂
A very important tool in this service is “Sitemap“.
If Google knows what your site map is, it can index all pages of the site in search results.
The web crawl will be able to browse faster, and when you add a new page to the site, indexing will be automatic.
How do I insert a sitemap?
1. Sign in to the service and click Sitemap in the main dashboard.
2. In the upper bar click Add / Test SITEMAP.
3. In the box type “sitemap.xml” and click Send.
TIP: Add your business to the Google My Business Directory – My Business. Read more in this article: How to easily add a website to the Google My Business?
TIP2: Add all URLs to your site to Google Search Console. Just paste the verification code once, and verify all your URLs on your site by clicking “Verify“. The Sitemap must be inserted separately for each URL.
Example – URLs:
More awesome tutorials
How to hide shopping cart in Webnode E-shop?You have created an e-shop at Webnode and would like to hide (remove) the shopping cart in the menu and also the "Add to Cart" button so that you can use e-shop features such as. adding products, but you don't want to use...
How to set up remarketing on Webnode? and Where should you insert the remarketing code? In tutorial How to add a conversion code in Webnode? I've shown you an easy way to insert your conversion tracking conversion code. Let's now take a look at another PPC...
Do you want to add a poll on a Webnode website? The free online questionnaire (web survey/poll) is one of the most common ways to get feedback from your website visitors. Without feedback, it is difficult to say whether you are acting correctly on your customers and...
Would you like to embed a GIF image on a Webnode site? Webnode editor does not allow .gif format when you embed them as an image. For this reason, you must first upload the desired .GIF image to an external service to get the image URL. Paste the URL into the code and...
Are u looking for a simple email marketing solution in Webnode? Do you want to put a pop-up on your website to collect emails from your visitors? Send news to your customers through the automated MailChimp system. It's free for up to 2,000 subscribers and 12,000...
Do you want to link Facebook messenger to a Webnode website and get online chat for free? Simple tutorial - Webnode with Facebook Messenger Facebook Messenger is a great choice for communicating with your website visitors. You can connect FB messenger with Webnode...
Latest posts by Viliam (see all)
- How to hide shopping cart in Webnode E-shop? - 14.10.2019
- How to Add remarketing (retargeting) code in Webnode? - 20.8.2019
- How to add a poll in Webnode? - 16.8.2019